Monday, July 12, 2010

July 12 - Beach Day 2

Monday dawned bright and early at 5:50 am. At least, that's when I heard Ellie and Grace talking via the baby monitor and realized that they were awake which meant that I needed to be awake also before they woke someone else in the house. Hmmm....now that I think about it, maybe it wouldn't have been such a bad idea to let them wake someone else. Have to try that tomorrow morning.

What better way to begin a day at the beach than watching the sunrise?


I have a sneaky suspicion that Ellie and Grace thought the perfect way to begin the day was to play in the water.




Thankfully, they preferred to play in the tidal pool rather than in ocean. Not sure I was quite awake enough to have ventured into the waves at that early an hour.



Soon, we were back in the house and others were waking. After breakfast, the girls enjoyed watching The Backyardigans on John's computer.

I was in a bit of a funk today due to not sleeping too good last night and spent most it of the inside. In doing so, I missed Ellie's first time jumping the waves with Dad. Yes, Ellie got in the ocean. For those who remember last year, little Ellie has not only played in the sand this time, she really did get in the water and jump waves. 

After a badly needed nap, we went to Duck for ice cream. On the drive there, Ellie declared that she wanted a chocolate milkshake while Grace wanted ice cream...in the form of a milkshake filled to the top. 


However, we arrived to find another young lady enjoying a blue ice cream creation and that immediately became what Ellie and Grace wanted. It's called a Birthday Cake and tastes just like really, really, really sweet cake icing. Totally disgusting, but they devoured it

Ellie

Grace

The evening was spent at the beach with Grammy, Aunt Kristi, Lydia, Ellie, Grace and I jumping waves. Sorry to say that my camera was at the house. Still have no photos to prove that Ellie has been in the ocean, but I promise to get a few before the week is out. 


No comments:

Post a Comment