You know the story. We were there to adopt children. In the time it took for the elevator door to open, John and I went from being a married couple to parents of the cutest little twin girls you ever wanted to see. One glance at these little beauties had my heart melting even as it beat in terror at the idea that I was now a mother and responsible for these two.
In celebration of Gotcha Day, I thought I'd post a few photos. (Like you didn't know that was coming, huh?)
The referral photo with Ellie on the left and Grace on the right...I think.
This was when I started to panic. How were ever going to tell them apart?!?
Gotcha Day 2008 - Grace on left, Ellie on right.
2009 - In Disney to celebrate their 2nd birthday.
2010 - Ellie and Grace saying "Thank you Pam"
for pretty new shirts for their 3rd birthday.
2011 - Ellie and Grace having fun with pigtails.
2011 - Grace and Ellie celebrating their 4th birthday.
2012 - Grace and Ellie at the airport waiting to return home
from our Disney Cruise/Disney World vacation,
practicing their various princess poses, while donning
Burger King crowns, of course.
5 years old and ready to take on the world
Four years later, I continue to be amazed at the love and generosity that our family and friends have bestowed on Ellie and Grace. They were not just adopted by John and I, but by all of our loved ones as well.
From John and I to Melissa and Steve, Anita and Wes, Shirlayne and Jeff, Happy Gotcha Day! And to everyone who has opened their hearts to Ellie and Grace, Rachael, Quincy and Jaxin, a most heart felt Thank You!










Happy Gotcha Day girls :) Charlotte and Chris Tall!
ReplyDeleteThank you! Ellie, Grace and I sang Happy Gotcha Day to You this morning. It was quite comical. Should have recorded it. Jennifer
Deletewell
ReplyDeleteyou gotcha some BEautiful girls
and they gotcha you too
so lucky you all are
savor every moment
it goes by so quickly
soon
they will want
the keys to the car...
trembling - my heart beats in terror 2,
xox - eb.
Yes. They are BEautiful and feisty and irritating and all that 5 year olds are supposed to be. If they ever realize that they can gang up on me, I'm totally screwed. So far, that fact has eluded them.
DeleteThere are days when I'd swear you can see them growing. A part of me still can't believe it's 4 years later...other days, of course it seems much longer. Ha! Isn't that always the way?
Here's to kindergarten in the fall - full day kindergarten in our area too!