Friday, January 28, 2011

Thursday's snow

It's official. We've had 60 inches = 5 ft = my height in snow since December 26. In 1 expletive deleted month. And there are still 2 months of winter ahead of us. Holy shit Batman! Calgon take me away! Wait! Where's that Peppermint Patty I hid for emergencies?!?

When I was finally brave enough to venture out, it was to find 6" of snow at the front 2 ft of our covered porch. Had to shovel it off before tackling the steps and sidewalk. By the time I reached the driveway, I was tired. Decided to just trek up to the van to see what damage the snow plow had wrought.

Oh! What a sight awaited me. It seemed to me that the snow plow driver had decided to plow everything to our side of the road. A good 3 ft of snow and muddy slush was piled up in front of the van and needed to be shoveled. Really, it did. I'd finally talked to someone about plowing our driveway and the van had to be moved.

I'd shovel a while and go check on the girls who were inside watching tv. Actually, they were being very good. In truth, they were alone for maybe 15 minutes and I'd pop inside to check that they hadn't torn the house apart. Soon enough, they too were bundled up and brought outside to play.





 That's our yard on the right. And that snow bank is what needed to be shoveled to get the van out. In all honesty, I ended up only shoveling enough to get the van out, not the full width of the driveway.



There's more snow predicted for today and tomorrow, but weather.gov hasn't listed any accumulation. Hopefully, this front will skip us and give us a chance to recover...and clear out the mailbox before it disappears totally. Yikes!

No comments:

Post a Comment