Sunday, January 16, 2011

A lazy Sunday morning

We're enjoying a fairly lazy Sunday. The girls slept late which allowed John and I to do the same. Even the cats cooperated and decided to laze about rather than wake me when they wanted to be fed.

When Ellie, Grace and I finally ventured downstairs and into the kitchen, the raspberries caught my eye and practically begged to be made into muffins.


My favorite muffin recipe cookbook was retrieved from the cabinet and we set about making lemon raspberry muffins from The American Country Inn and Bed & Breakfast Cookbook.



Grace stepped away for a second so Ellie grabbed her spoon to stir double-fisted.

 When I told them that it was time to add the raspberries, I'd imagined they'd just 
dump them in all at once. Oh no. The raspberries was carefully added one by one.


 All done and ready to go in the oven.

 "They're growing! They're growing!"

 Ellie thought her muffin was delicious

as did Grace. 

I have to admit that they were pretty good - I've had 4 so far. Time to relax on the couch and watch a movie before going out to play in the snow later. 

No comments:

Post a Comment