Wednesday, January 26, 2011

For you snow lovers

This post is for those of you who love snow, yet live someplace where the snow fall isn't quite what you'd like it be. You know who I mean...those of you who are living vicariously through my posts regarding our snow fall.


Not sure if you can read it, but the snow was at 13" in that particular spot when the photo was taken about 10  minutes ago. Due to the quarter-sized flakes that have been falling since, I'd say it's a safe bet that the white stuff is now at 14".

Last week, I estimated our snow fall since December 26 at 42". Add another 3" from yesterday and we're at 45". Supposedly...hmmm...according to the weather people, there's another 1-2" in store for today. But wait! There's more. We've another 4-8" predicted for tonight.

Let's see 45 + 2 + 8 = 55 inches. To put this number in perspective, I am 5 ft tall. That's 60". If we only get what is predicted, our total snow fall will be 5" less than my height. And it's only January!@#$!

Oh! I can hear Jeff (my cousin Kathy's husband) laughing now and saying something along the lines of Jip. Watch where you step or we won't find you until spring.

Right now I'm just hoping that the snow plows do their thing before it's time to get the girls from preschool at 12:30. Also hoping the train tracks between here and Boston are clear when John catches his train tonight. Yep, he's Boston bound. Be back tomorrow night. Guess who'll get to dig out the driveway.

Stay tuned for more weather updates.

No comments:

Post a Comment