Friday, November 26, 2010

Thanksgiving - Part 1

Happy Turkey Day! I hope the day was filled with family, friends, good food, time to relax and enjoy life and maybe even a nap thrown in for good measure.

Our Thanksgiving began with a pleasant surprise - Ellie and Grace slept til 6:30! Each morning here they've progressively slept a few minutes later, but even I was amazed that they actually stayed in bed until their normal waking time.

To keep the noise level down in the house...and to fill my craving for a chai...I bundled them off to Starbucks where they charmed everyone waiting in line. It could have been the sight of the little urchins frolicking about in their p.j.'s and slippers that had all smiling and talking or it could simply have been the spirit of goodwill that accompanies the season.

Later in the morning, John and I took Ellie and Grace to a playground. Yep. No vacation is complete without locating at least one playground where the girls can run and climb to their delight and I can take photos.

 And they're off!

Grace in purple. Ellie in orange.

 Even Dad couldn't resist climbing a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment