Sunday, November 21, 2010
Hilton Head
Not a bad view to wake up to, huh? This is the sunrise out Mama J and Daddy Bob's back window in Hilton Head.
Needless to say, it's a long way from our house to Hilton Head. The drive began at 4 am yesterday morning, covered 8 states along Interstate 95 and ended when we pulled into the driveway at 7 pm last night. Despite construction areas in NY and VA (at the Springfield interchange...will it ever be complete?), numerous stops for bathroom breaks and little ones who really didn't want to nap even though they had been awake since 4 am, it was a good drive.
Good drive? you're thinking. Well, it was. Ellie and Grace were entertained with movies and books and finally napped a bit. John and I took turns driving, although he drove more than I did. I stitched on fabric to help pass my time in the passenger seat. See...good drive.
The best part was arriving and getting to see Mama J and Daddy Bob. John and I have been here several times, but this is the girls' first visit. They were up early...to early may I add?...and ready to explore. Stay tuned for what's sure to be a fantastic week.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment