Thursday, October 7, 2010

Ladybugs and green beans

Ellie and Grace fell in love with Ladybug Girl at the Beach by David Somar and Jacky Davis that cousin Lydia brought to the beach this summer. Once home, I ordered not one, but three Ladybug Girl books for them...and me. Let's be honest, they really are delightful books and we've all enjoyed reading them. In fact, Ellie and Grace pretend to be Ladybug Girl and run through the house with butterfly wings on while sporting one of my head bands.

So...can anyone blame me for taking advantage of Old Navy putting their Halloween costumes on sale at the beginning of September and snatching two sets of ladybug wings, tutus and antennas? The answer should be a resounding NO.




Aren't they the cutest ladybugs you've ever seen? And the biggest...can you imagine real ladybugs their size? Yikes!

Later that night, I was fixing dinner and starting to de-string the string beans when the girls decided to help. My first reaction was to say no, to let me do it, it'll be quicker...blah, blah, blah... All that mom stuff that really means I didn't want to clean up whatever mess they made in the process. I'm making an effort to let them experiment and do things...like letting Ellie help shuck corn...so they helped with the green beans.



As you can see, they took snapping off the ends very seriously, especially Ellie (on left).  What may have been lacking in uniformity of size in no way detracted from the delicious green bean taste.

John is far more adventurous than I when it comes to having the girls help cook, however, later today we'll be tackling making brownies...or that's the plan. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment