Thursday, October 7, 2010

Brownies

It's been a very lazy Thursday. After having rain most of the week, it's actually a gorgeous fall day. So gorgeous in fact that I cannot tempt the girls outside. You read that correctly. Short of pitching them out of the house, they don't want to go out...or get dressed. We're still in our pj's. Not John. He did dress appropriately before going to work.

We bought brownie bites at the grocery last week which were delicious. Ellie still hasn't forgiven me for eating the last ones. Thankfully, she hasn't realized that I really ate most of them. Good brownies are a delicacy to be savored and 3 3/4 years old just isn't quite mature enough to fully appreciate the subtle chocolate goodness so one could take the point of view that in eating most of the brownies, I actually had their best interests at heart.

Now, I know some of you are reading this and thinking what a crock of poop (gotta keep it clean) that last statement is. And you would be totally correct. Truth is, I love the brownie bites and really bought them for myself. I did share a few with the girls. Does sharing win me a good mommy badge?

Since Ellie keeps asking for brownies, today we made our own brownie bites. Rather, Ellie and Grace made them. I only did the parts where an adult was required.











Ellie and Grace (butterfly girl) crack me up with their oh-so-serious faces when concentrating. They smile readily normally, but give them a task and the serious mask drops into place. Of course, eating brownies always brings smiles. 

No comments:

Post a Comment