Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Such a big box

That was my first thought when the UPS man delivered this box to our house today. Thought #1 was quickly followed by Thought #2 which was "Wow! That was quick!"

You see, I thought I knew what the box held and if it held what I thought it did, well...Deb either paid for overnight delivery or she lucked out and her gift was delivered the next day. Haven't checked the shipping label to see which it was. Knowing Deb, her dad decided her gift should arrive today and he had a heavenly hand in its speedy delivery.

Opening the box showed that it carried Deb's gift of Ann Hood's new novel The Red Thread as well as Grace Lin's book The Red Thread, An Adoption Fairy Tale. Just what I'd expected. 

However, the largeness of the box compared to the size of the books seemed a bit out of proportion. Then it hit me! The rest of the space was filled with love from Deb and Cooper. What a wonderful gift. Thank you! Can you feel the love coming back at you, Deb?

No comments:

Post a Comment