In case you're wondering why so many posts this week...well, there are several reasons.
#1 The weather has been great. Far too good to stay inside.
#2 John has been out of town and this is one way of keeping him updated.
#3 Next week...can I have a drum roll please...I'll be in Kansas playing with Dorothy and Toto while sporting my ruby slippers.
Well, not exactly. I will be in Kansas. Lawrence, Kansas to be exact. Home of the Jayhawks and Kansas University.
More importantly, Lawrence is home of my dear friend Pam Sullivan. Pam came to my rescue back in November when John was out of the country for 2 weeks. She's coming to my rescue again, only this time, I'm going to her house.
You see, we're both fiber artists. Pam is one of my idols, but she doesn't know it. Of course, she will as soon as she reads this post. Yes, Pam. You are one of my art idols. There. I've said it. I am totally in awe of the art she creates...and have been since our days together in Fiberworks at the Torpedo Factory. Yep, that long Pam.
The amazing thing is that she's actually going to allow me to work in her studio. Her most sacred art studio. That's...well...I have no words to adequately describe how honored I am that she's going to share her studio with little ole me.
All joking aside, I am honored that Pam is going to allow me to work with her in her studio. You see, I love Ellie and Grace far more than I ever thought possible, but I need to be myself again for a bit. And my self is an artist and a wife.
Yes, two years later, I'm still not accustomed to being a mom. Think of it in these terms, for 48 years, I was an artist. Eighteen of those years, I was either living with John or married to him. In those terms, being a mom is still a very new experience.
So...next week I'll be at Pam's house being myself. If you're curious about what we'll be up to, check out my other blog, my art blog http://jennifercoynequdeen.blogspot.com.
No comments:
Post a Comment