And a trip to Disney World is about nothing but play whether it's actually climbing and swinging from the most awesome jungle gyms this blogger has ever seen or having a fantastic dinner at Victoria & Albert's with my husband. It's all about play, imagination, creativity, boundless joy and energy and just remembering to open your heart to your inner child. That's what Disney is to me anyway.
Yes, Walt Disney is on the list of 10 people from history that I'd like to have dinner with. He had a vision and he brought it to life in a very large way. Others carry on his vision now and...well...they'd be fun to have dinner with too. We'd need a very big table, but can you see it and hear the conversations. Oh! I get chills just thinking about it.
Now for what you're really at the blog to see. Photos of the girls. The big hits this week, besides the cupcakes from Crumbs in Westport, were foaming soap and a couple of parasols that I picked up at a flea market last weekend. (Sorry Joanna, I went to Elephant' Trunk without you. Come on up so we can go.)
So...foaming soap. For those who have no idea what I'm talking about, this is foaming soap.
Ellie and Grace weren't with me when I bought it nor had they noticed the duck and frog sitting on their sink. While neither had any idea what was in store, both bravely sat still while I sprayed "hats" on their heads. It took about a nano-second before the giggles started. Ellie laughed so hard that I'm pretty sure she snorted a couple of times. I know I did.
Just couldn't resist getting a few shots of them the next time we broke out the foaming soap. There were giggles, but not with the unbound surprise and joy as the first time.
This time the hats had to be bigger and better.
And castle were needed too. Guess my "hats" were their "crowns".
After all, everyone at Disney called them princesses, so...
The other favorite of the week was a couple of darling little parasols that I picked up at Elephants Trunk.
Ellie especially loves umbrellas so when I saw these, they just cried out to be taken
home to Ellie and Grace. Grace is under the yellow one and Ellie is under the pink one.
I got a kick out of Ellie walking around with her head inside the parasol.
Quite an unusual hat.
Picky dandelions, what else?
Artsy shot by mom. Nice contrast in colors, huh?
And so our week went.












No comments:
Post a Comment