Thursday, January 21, 2010

Our Thursday

After a quick trip to Michaels Arts & Crafts, I dared to go where I swore I'd never go alone with the girls again...the mall playground. The last 3 or so visits there had ended horribly - earsplitting fits being pitched or Ellie deciding to runaway - when it was time to go.

Today, however, all was right with the world. The moon was in the Seventh House. Jupiter was aligned with Mars. Peace was guiding the planets. Love was steering the stars. Sing it with me now! This is the dawning of the age of Aquarius. The age of Aquarius. Aquarius!

Ooops! Sorry, got a bit carried away there.

Seriously, our last visits to the mall playground have ended disastrously. Or in one case, never even happened, disastrously. So today's outing was just pure fun with a bit of well thought out and carried out manipulation on my part thrown in.

Pretzel bites, playground, carousel, ice cream - chocolate of course! - water fountain, train ride, coats on, in the stroller and out to the car. All without a single tear being shed or scream being uttered.

Yes! I am Mom. Hear me roar.










I love this shot. By the way, Grace is in pink, Ellie in green.









See the pink in the globe? It's Grace.



The green in the globe is Ellie.




2 comments: