Saturday, September 12, 2009

Nags Head - Day 2

Day 2 in Nags Head began with...yep...another sunrise.
Well, sort of. More of a cloud display than actual sunrise, but here's what it looked like at 6 something in the morning.


The overcast skies didn't dampen Ellie's or Grace's love of adventure. They discovered Mason's boogie board and decided to try out the rad moves they learned from Pablo, Tyrone and Uniqua of The Backyardigans. Not sure if they're doing the Pony, the Phoney Baloney or what exactly,


but I do know that Mason had the rad-est moves of all.


It was soon time to hit the beach and, for the Coyne men, time to break out the fishing gear.


I had fun looking at the jellyfish. Never noticed how the water collected beneath them when beached before.


I soon went back to the house to watch Ellie...who still wanted absolutely nothing to do with the sand, the surf, the wind...the beach. We played out on the porch for a bit and enjoyed the view.


We played with the camera and attempted to get a good mother/daughter shot. I love Ellie's expression as she says cheese.


I hoped to entice her to the beach via her hat. Afterall, if the wind couldn't blow her hair in her face, maybe she'd find it more enjoyable.


Shoes were needed of course, but not just any shoes...they had to be mommy's shoes.


At some point, Ellie decided barefoot was better, but so was the porch.


Alas, another day passed with Ellie declining to go further than the first few steps down to the beach.


Grace, however, loved jumping the waves with Grammy


and walking on the beach.

Later, when the moon was visible, John got the telescope out

so everyone could enjoy a closer view of it.

This was something that Ellie could do...with a little help from Dad.


What a view.

No comments:

Post a Comment