Friday, April 6, 2012

April

April has been a fun-filled month so far,
beginning with helping Dad make blueberry pancakes.


 We've been to the aquarium to watch the seals.

 Heard reports of sightings of butterflies (Grace) and 
Sleeping Beauty (Ellie).

 Oohed and aahed over the renovated main hall.

 Gloried in the brilliant blue skies and blossoms.


 We check the progress of our seeds daily.
Soon enough we'll have lettuce, beans, basil, watermelon, tomatoes.

Ellie (left) and Grace discovered the ceramic classes at the children's museum
and have been having fun making heart-shaped picture frames and vases. 

 
This photo makes me laugh every time. We had salad for dinner the other night and Ellie was obviously feeling creative. Before I realized what she was doing, she'd crafted a face complete with eye brows (egg), ears (dressing) and hair (cheddar cheese).  Add culinary designer to Ellie's list of possible professions. 

Ellie and I have springtime colds so today is very lazy, couch potato kind of day. If we're feeling better tomorrow, I've promised we'll bake cupcakes and attempt to decorate them like they did on the Salsa in China blog. Stay tuned for photos.

No comments:

Post a Comment