Monday, April 4, 2011

How did you spend your Sunday?

Our day began before dawn with John and I waking, showering and gathering things, girls included, for a drive to New Jersey. What got us up before the chickens and had us driving 3 hours? That's a good question and one best answered with a photo.


Yep, that would be not 1, but 2 tandem bicycles ready for us to take for a spin. Notice the huge smile on John's face. I think he knew then that since he'd managed to get me that far, these babies would be going home with us. And he was right. Next Sunday we'll return to take them for another spin and load them in the van.


 And they're off! Ellie got to ride with Dad first.


 Grace's turn.


And now it's my turn to get back in riding shape. Part of me still cannot believe I said yes to 2 tandems. In all honesty, the tandem (mine is the dark blue one that John and the girls are riding) was much smoother and easier to ride than my Trek hybrid that I rode in Ireland and England. While the Co-Motion is heavier, it felt lighter simply because it is a much better bike.

So...stay tuned for our cycling adventures. I have until July to get in shape before we load the bikes and the girls into the van for our trip to Corolla. It'll be nice to ride on the flat roads there as I've sworn to only ride on trails up here until I feel safe riding on our twisty, hilly roads here...which may be never.

By the way, I'm thinking of naming my tandem. Somehow seems appropriate. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment