Thursday, March 24, 2011

5th day of spring 2011

Spring is here! The birds are singing. The sun is shining in a brilliant blue sky. The temperature is warm enough for wearing short sleeves and opening windows.

Awww...who am I kidding? Here's the view of the backyard that greeted us this morning.


Seems Mother Nature hasn't thrown enough of the white stuff at us yet. With nearly 3" on Monday and another 2" overnight, our snow fall for this spring is at least 4".

While the view outside may not be all that bright and cheery, the view inside our house is better. Especially in Ellie's and Grace's room. A recent trip to Target had us bringing home new comforter sets and rugs. Then it was on to Michaels to buy frames to put some of their art in. After a bit of re-arranging, measuring and hanging, their room is ready for the grand unveiling.






The art is spin art that they make at a local toy store by squirting paint onto a piece of white paper that is spinning inside a tank of sorts. I think the pieces are really cool. Ellie and Grace were thrilled to see their art framed and hung in their room.

4 comments:

  1. Great room, love the colors! Can I hire you when we get ready to do Rachael's room? :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure thing Melissa. Just let me know when! Actually, their room is the only room in the house that I really get to decorate as I'd like. Well, that and my studio which isn't nearly as cool as the girls' room.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Let's continue to enjoy the ability to "guide" our daughters' selections. I'm guessing it wont be much longer before we lose that ability...completely

    ReplyDelete
  4. Actually, Ellie picked the heart comforter set. Grace initially wanted one that had cats and dogs, but for some reason decided to go with the hearts too. She's said twice since that she really wanted the one with the animals. I may break down and buy it for her.

    And they both picked the purple rugs. I tried my best to get them to choose different colors, but purple it was.

    ReplyDelete