Friday, February 25, 2011

Clementines

Is there anyone out there who doesn't like Clementine oranges? In our house, they're a favorite snack of Ellie and Grace. Me too actually.

While we were watching Mulan for the umpteenth time the other day, the girls discovered the new box of Clementines and decided they were the perfect movie snack. They were feeling kinda lazy orange-peeling-wise and kept asking me to do the honors so I decided to have a bit of fun and made orange peel flowers for them.


The flowers were such a hit that both pleaded with me to not throw them away. I laid them on the table figuring that they would soon be forgotten and could be disposed of.


You know me, I just had to get the camera out and snap a few shots. I mean, they did look kinda cool.


They looked especially cool when I passed by the table an hour later to find that a few of the flowers had mysteriously been embellished. Ah...don't you just love Clementines?

2 comments: