Friends - Seeing friends is one of the reasons we're in DC this weekend. That and we simply love DC. We spent a lovely afternoon with Izolda yesterday. Ran into Deb at the Depont Circle Ben 'n Jerry's. As the fates would have it, the bus taking her to NYC for the weekend was late. Thank you Fates! Today I got to see a bunch of wonderful artists, who I'm blessed to be able to call friends, at the Torpedo Factory Art Center in Alexandria.
Dogs - The girls have had to pet every dog that's been within their vicinity. If you've ever visited DC, then you know that it's a dog town as is the Old Town section of Alexandria. With Ellie and Grace in tow, you stroll leisurely, there's no such thing as a quick walk down the street.
Feathers - I think they've picked up every pigeon feather they've seen and, believe me, Dupont Circle is replete with pigeon feathers...as was my handbag before the feathers mysteriously began disappearing from it...with a little help from me, although I know that there are at least two of them in it right now.
Temper tantrums - Yes, there have been more than a few pitched by Ellie and Grace, not by John or me. Although, it's a safe bet that he and I have felt like pitching one in response to those pitched by the little urchins.
Playgrounds - A must on future trips. Find a decent hotel near a playground for emergency excess energy removal.
I worked at Dupont Circle for five years and one of the things I loved about it was the street performers. In the summer there was usually a group of young boys drumming on overturned buckets that had everyone dancing along to the Metro.
Yesterday, the sounds of a guitar could be heard while we ate our Ben 'n Jerry's ice cream. The guitarist was kind enough to let Ellie and Grace play a bit. When they were through, he serenaded everyone with Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star, Old McDonald and This Old Man all to the delight of Ellie and Grace.
Oh! That's John and Izolda in the upper right corner looking on.
Grace pushing Ellie.
One of my favorite stores, Paper Source. Ellie was admiring the aprons with cupcakes.
Ellie on left, Grace on right.
Once again, proof that I was really was there...my feet.
Grace is our climber.
We drove down so John threw his bike in back. While he rode into Alexandria with
Grace on the back of the bike, Ellie and I Metro-ed in. We switched girls for the return.
Tomorrow, the zoo with Uncle Mikey, Ant Kristi, Lydia and Masey Boy!















No comments:
Post a Comment