This morning as I was making a new folder in my Writings folder to hold my words, I found the following - it's the responses we got from the news on January 2, 2008 that we were to be the parents of twin girls. Ought to be worth a chuckle or two. Enjoy!
Responses to news of twins
Holy shit! What do we do now? - my own response to our adoption agency contact
You’re kidding, right? - John's first words to me after hearing
Congratulations to you! What exciting news this is - whoo hoo!!
Wow, twins!!!
Congratulations on your two beautiful daughters from China. This is such a blessing and a tremendous way to start out 2008!
Oh my god those girls are darling!
WOW...I mean WOW...I am stunned and thrilled for the both of you, I mean the four of you!!
Well, what am I to say? CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS.
Did you hear the "oh my god"?
What a tremendous blessing....the opportunity to lovingly parent two precious little girls who need your love and attention
OH MY GOD!!
OHMIGOSH!!!!!!
OH MY GOD!!!! We'll never see you again. Congratulations! Congratulations!
CONGRATULATIONS!
Finally! So happy for you. They are so cute but they really look like perfect duplicates. Double your fun!
Fantastic!!!!!
Oh my goodness!
WHAAAA WHOOOOOO
OMG
Laughter. Laughter. More laughter. Maniacal laughter.
My personal favorite was the 15 minutes or so that it took to convince my sister-in-law that I truly was NOT joking – even though my brother and I share the same dry, sometimes twisted, sense of humor - and had I not still been in shock could and probably would have done just what she was accusing me of. Took me promising to email the photo of the girls for her to believe me. Needless to say, laughter followed.
No comments:
Post a Comment