Monday, August 16, 2010

The coolest beads ever

My neighbor, Dawn, took me to explore Katonah on Saturday. It was such a delight. Katonah is an artsy little town with plenty of creative and charming stores.


While my fingers itched to snap shots of nearly everything, I refrained and plan to go back later alone. I can get lost in time taking photos. This display window caught my attention with its playful simplicity. When it hit me just what I was looking at - the windows of a hardware store - I just had to get a photo.

One of the stores we went in had the coolest beads for kids to play with that I've ever seen. 


They're called Pop Arty beads and just pop together. Ellie, Grace and I spent Saturday afternoon making rings, bracelets, belts and necklaces for the family to wear. 



I love these beads! So much, that I kept thinking how cool it would be to wear a necklace or bracelet to an art function. What do you think? Could I get away with it?

No comments:

Post a Comment