Saturday, July 3, 2010

July 2 - Another busy day

Here's how our Friday went: playing on the deck while I took photos, breakfast, tv show or two, pet store, Starbucks, park filled with swinging, sliding, dancing/listening to an African beat, cookies, getting toe nails painted (sorry no photos of that...I can't paint) and then Dad came home. His part of the day will be in another post. Enjoy the photos.




The girls love this big stuffed dog. It receives all kinds of hugs and kisses from them.

Ellie is telling me that the parrot won't talk to her. When we stopped by 
the other day, it kept saying hello but the cat must have gotten its tongue 
because it wouldn't make a sound.





Such a simple thing - to lay down on the slide to slide, but this simple action had 
Ellie cackling with laughter that could be heard throughout the park.



When we arrived at the park, it was to find an extra energy resounding throughout. One that filled the air with vibrations that resonated with the soul. After tiring of the playground, we searched for the origin of the wonderful noise and found Morrow giving a drumming lesson. 

I thought of Deb and her quest to join an all-woman drum line. You would have loved this Deb!

We listened for a bit, then set off to explore other areas of the park before returning to find Morrow alone, the lesson ended. His drumming still filled the air and he was singing quietly. I asked if he minded our intrusion before allowing Ellie and Grace to venture closer. Ellie, as custom, asked his name, which is how I know it. 

Care to guess who chose a frog vs. a baseball?

No comments:

Post a Comment