Sunday, July 4, 2010

First kayak ride

I hope everyone is enjoying celebrating Independence Day. Key word there is enjoying. We've had a semi-lazy weekend. Yesterday was one big play date at the home of one of Ellie's & Grace's classmates.

Imagine 5 cute-as-a-button 3 & 4 year old girls running around, playing dress up, chasing the dog, swimming in the in-ground pool and just plain having fun. It was a sight to behold. And, sadly, you'll have to take my word on that as I, yes me, forgot my camera.

Hopefully I've acquitted myself today. You see, we took Ellie & Grace for their first kayak on the Saugatuck River. And...I took my beloved Canon PowerShot G6 out on the river, thereby endangering it, in order to make up for yesterday's oversight.



All aboard!

We hadn't been out on the water long when the girls decided that they wanted to help paddle. Only thing to do was to dismantle my paddle and hand the pieces over. Gotta admit to having been just a teensy bit concerned for the welfare of the paddles. Kept envisioning John or I diving in to rescue one. Thankfully, that wasn't necessary.


Finding myself in a paddle-less state, I did the only thing I could think of. Yep, took the camera out of the zip lock bag and starting snapping shots.

Ellie is immediately in front of John, then Grace.




Pam - this shot is for you. Let me know if you want the full file. Held the camera as close to the water as possible without getting it wet or dropping it. Not too bad, huh?



How do like the summer house we're building? Ha! Don't I wish.



We're home and are enjoying being thoroughly lazy - eating popcorn and watching Monsters, Inc. Happy 4th!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like a fun day!! Yes, send me the file, because that water shot was terrific. Thanks for being so brave with the camera.

    ReplyDelete