Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Mushrooms on parade

It was gorgeous here today - bright blue cloudless sky, temps in the upper 60's. After picking the girls up from preschool, we spent the afternoon out in the backyard. Once we went inside, they kept trying to sneak back out.

At one point, Grace did something that was time-out worthy. While she was upstairs serving her sentence in their room, I began to prepare for cooking dinner and set the vegetables on the island. The time-out timer beeped and I went to retrieve Grace.

Which, as you've no doubt surmised, left Ellie all alone downstairs. The quietness on the first floor as Grace and I returned was disconcerting. Visions of Ellie playing in the backyard or running into the front yard...and the road beyond...flitted through my mind. But wait...the back door was closed!

So where was Ellie and what was she up to, you might ask? Good question. And the answer is:

Seems Ellie had discovered the mushrooms and decided that they needed to be freed from their packaging.

Well, you know me. I just had to get a shot of the mushroom parade winding its way across the island.

Ellie, mushroom trainer extraordinaire!

No comments:

Post a Comment