Thursday was Ellie's and Grace's 3rd birthday.
The day began rather lazily with impromptu beds made of couch cushions and their upturned Pottery Barn chairs providing the perfect spot to watch tv from.
Soon it was time to break out the decorations.
No birthday party is complete without streamers, party hats and those noisy-blower-thingies that I can't remember the name of now.
This birthday had an unofficial theme that no one but John and I knew about, yet others seem to have guessed. Or maybe it's just the thing to get 3 year old girls.
I'm talking purses. Pocketbooks. Hand bags. Take your pick. The first to be opened are from Mama J and Daddy Bob. Lovely little demin bags with beaded handles and a long, long chain on each. Ellie was the first to put the chain around her neck and utter, "Arrr. Pirate."
Petite tin purses sporting Disney princesses courtesy of Aunts Antoinette and Margaret were next.
Then came the treasure boxes from mom and Dad filled with feather boas, Tinker Bell tin purses,
lots of beaded jewelery including rings.
Toe rings that is. According to Ellie.
Lip gloss,
more lip gloss
and shoes. High heel type shoes. Oh! The memories these bring. To this day, my own mother will tell you that I walked much better in my grandmother's spike heels at this age that I did barefooted. Ha!
Of course, no party is complete without cake. What could be more fun than decorating your own cupcakes? Ellie chose lots of those little multi-colored sprinkles. Handfulls of them. I think I finally vacuumed the last ones up today, but won't guarantee it.
Candles were lit. Happy Birthday was sung and
the cupcakes were delicious. Thanks to John for baking them!
And thanks to everyone for the gifts!














No comments:
Post a Comment