Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Gotcha Day

Today is the 2rd anniversary of Gotcha Day. Wondering just what Gotcha Day is? Well, on February 17, 2008 John & I, Anita & Wes, Melissa & Steve and Shirlayne & Jeff were in Nanchang, China waiting to become parents. And we did around 7:30 pm that night.

I have to admit that Gotcha Day is Shirlayne's term. She used it in an email to me recently and I loved it. Shirlayne, if you read this post, please forgive me for using your words, but they were just too good a definition of the day not to.

To celebrate the anniversary, I thought I'd post a few photos beginning with the referral photo of Xia/Ellie & Wen/Grace.


I totally remember looking at this photo and thinking "Holy shit. How will I ever tell them apart?!?" Now I can tell you that Ellie is on the left and Grace is on the right...I think. Then again, maybe not...


Gotcha Day 2008. Grace is on the left. Ellie on the right. I did put a green dot on the back of Grace's hand that night, but within 2 hrs we could tell them apart. Funny thing is that when we finally looked at the photos on their i.d. tags, even the orphanage had the photos mixed up. However, the caregivers knew who was who the next day when we all went to the government office for the official adoption.


February 2009 - We celebrated Ellie's and Grace's 2nd birthday as well as the first anniversary of Gotcha Day at Disney World. They loved being able to walk freely so much. This is one of my favorite photos from the trip.


February 2010 - Both girls selected the fashions for the day. Ellie just had to wear her butterfly shirt which meant Grace had to wear her ladybug top, both of which were birthday gifts from Pam. Don't think Pam thought the tops would be worn until the temps warmed up a bit. Layering is a wonderful thing.

From me to John, Ellie & Grace, to Anita, Wes & Qunicy, to Melissa, Steve & Rachael, to Shirlayne, Jeff & Jaxin, I wish you all a very happy 2nd anniversary.

And to everyone who has opened their hearts to all 5 little girls, a very heartfelt Thank You.

Happy Gotcha Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment