I had the priviledge of seeing Julie Taymor's exhibit at the National Museum of Women in the Arts a number of years ago. The exhibit was primarily about her designs for the costumes and set for The Lion King and included her sketch books, set mock-ups and various iterations of the costumes. Simply stated, it was amazing.On Saturday, I finally got to see Julie's imagination, creativity, artistry, sheer genius in action. Yep, John & I went to see The Lion King on Broadway.
And it was amazing.
Now, I know you're wondering if we took Ellie and Grace. Nope. They spent the day with Grandma Joanna and great-great aunts Antoinette and Margaret. When we arrived at Grandma's house, they immediately climbed up on her white antique couch...shoes and all...to watch the boats and birds go by on the river outside her window. They barely realized when we left they were so engrossed in the view.
When we returned after the show, we all went out to dinner.

After dinner, we returned to Grandma's house to celebrate Antoinettes birthday.

Ellie especially liked the chocolate icing.

I mean,
who can blame her?
It's chocolate!

No comments:
Post a Comment